No Image

Currently

Available


Subsequent name:  

Official Number:                            182893                                                                         

Class:                                           Tanker

Pennant No:

Laid down:
Builder:                                         Jas Pollock, Sons & Co Ltd, Faversham
Launched:                                    1 September 1947
Into Service:                                 November 1947
Out of service:
Fate:                                            Sold out of service 27 September 1968

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: -

 

Background Data:   Naval Stores harbour craft were usually allocated a number bearing the prefix C. This descended from the days when the Coaling Officer operated the fuelling craft and many of these craft were operated by the Naval Stores Department under the Director of Stores (Navy) C numbers were allocated to craft such as dumb barges, coal lighters, dumb coal lighters, self-propelled diesel lighters, self-propelled stores lighters, launches and tugs of which a number were registered as RFA’s and wore the ‘green stripe’ that indicated the Naval Stores Department

 

1 September 1947  launched by  Jas Pollock, Sons & Co Ltd, Faversham as Yard Nr 1847 named C647 for the Naval Stores Department

November 1947 completed

27 September 1968 sold at Malta

Additional information

Copyright © 2008 – 2017 Christopher J White

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website, by continuing to use the site you agree to cookies being used. More info.