No Image

Currently

Available

 

Previous name:
Subsequent name: 

Official Number:                                      180551                                                                        

Class:                                                     Oil Fuel Lighter

Pennant No:

Laid down:
Builder:                                                  Yarwood, Northwich
Launched:                                              5 February 1945
Into Service:                                           April 1945
Out of service:
Fate:                                                     29 May 1969 sold out of service

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: -

 

Background Data:

 

Naval Stores harbour craft were usually allocated a number bearing the prefix C. This descended from the days when the Coaling Officer operated the fuelling craft and many of these craft were operated by the Naval Stores Department under the Director of Stores (Navy) C numbers were allocated to craft such as dumb barges, coal lighters, dumb coal lighters, self-propelled diesel lighters, self-propelled stores lighters, launches and tugs of which a number were registered as RFA’s and wore the ‘green stripe’ that indicated the Naval Stores Department

 

5 February 1945  launched by  W. J. Yarwood & Sons (1938) Ltd, Northwich as Yard Nr 721 named  C 624 for the Naval Stores Department

1945 completed

29 May 1969 sold at Chatham

Additional information

Copyright © 2008 – 2017 Christopher J White

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website, by continuing to use the site you agree to cookies being used. More info.