No Image

Currently

Available

Previous name:
Subsequent name:  

Official Number:                                     169973                                                                        

Class:                                                   Oil Fuel Lighter

Pennant No:

Laid down:
Builder:                                                Yarwood, Northwich
Launched:                                            29 June 1944
Into Service:                                         October 1944
Out of service:
Fate:

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: -

 

Background Data:   Naval Stores harbour craft were usually allocated a number bearing the prefix C. This descended from the days when the Coaling Officer operated the fuelling craft and many of these craft were operated by the Naval Stores Department under the Director of Stores (Navy) C numbers were allocated to craft such as dumb barges, coal lighters, dumb coal lighters, self-propelled diesel lighters, self-propelled stores lighters, launches and tugs of which a number were registered as RFA’s and wore the ‘green stripe’ that indicated the Naval Stores Department

 

29 June 1944 launched by  W. J. Yarwood & Sons (1938) Ltd, Northwich as Yard Nr 720 named  C623 for the Naval Stores Department

October 1944 completed

Additional information

Copyright © 2008 – 2017 Christopher J White

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website, by continuing to use the site you agree to cookies being used. More info.