fanny 1907 1

 

 

fanny 1907 1

(as ss Fanny)

 

 

Official Number:                    142728

Laid down:                              

Builder:                                    Bonn & Mees, Rotterdam

Launched:                              1907

Pennant No:                           Y 3.2444

Into Service:                           1918

Out of service:                        1918

Fate:                                         Broken up

 

Items of historic interest involving this ship: -

 

Background Data:  One of several ships requisitioned by the Admiralty for service during WW1 to augment the ships of the RFA

Career Data:

 

1907 launched by Bonn & Mees, Rotterdam as Yard Nr: 177 named Maashaven for N V Mij. s/s Maashaven (N V Gebr. van Uden's Scheepvaart & Agent. Mij, Managers) Rotterdam 

February 1907 completed

4 March 1908 arrived at Syracuse from Newport, Gwent

17 May 1909 arrived at Hartlepool from Calais, France

30 November 1909 arrived at Messina, Italy from Newport, Gwent

3 September 1910 arrived at Venice, Italy from Methil

25 May 1911 sailed the River Wear for Archangel

18 December 1911 arrived at Buenos Ayres from Campleton

5 December 1912 arrived at Galveston, Texas afrom Maderia

26 September 1914 arrived at Sapelo from Cardiff

2 November 1914 arrived at Fleetwood from Darien

15 January 1916 the Western News reported ...

Press Cutting Western News 15 Jan 1916

27 April 1916 the Pall Mall Gazette reported ...

Pall Mall Gazette 27 Apr 1916

6 June 1916 the Dundee Courier newspaper reported ...

Press Cutting Dundee Courier 6 Jun 1916

1918 under auspices of Shipping Controller, London under management of F C Strick & Co and requisitioned for Admiralty service as a Collier - name unchanged. Exact dates not known

7 February 1919 sailed the River Tees for Blyth

31 October 1919 passed the Lloyds Signal Station on the Lizard sailing west

15 January 1927 while on passage from Bena for Riga grounded south of Lysorot near Windau

14 February 1927 refloated and assisted into Ventspils, Windau by a salvage steamer - describved as 'leaky'

30 August 1929 arrived Methil from Abderdeen for bunkers

1940 sold to Wm H Muller & Co & Kon,  Nederlandsche Hoogovens & Staalfabrieken N.V. Rotterdam and renamed Zuijderburgh

1947 sold to Rederi A/B Fanny, Mariehmn and renamed Fanny

1954 sold to Rederi A/B Sally, Mariehamn - name unchanged

30 October 1959 arrived Kripen a/d Ijssel for demolition by Heuvelman Scheepvaartbedrijf

 

 

Copyright © 2008 – 2017 Christopher J White

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website, by continuing to use the site you agree to cookies being used. More info.