Ships that have been requisitioned as auxiliaries
Requisitioned Auxiliaries - M
In Admiralty Service (Royal Fleet Auxiliary) from 1940
Mirlo was sailing independently from Curacao, via Trinidad to Freetown with a cargo of 10,500 tons of fuel oil, when she was torpedoed by U 130 (Korvettan Kapitan Ernst Kals), at 14:27 hrs on the 11 August 1942.
The ship was about 870 miles west of Freetown in position 06º 04’ N 25º 53’ W when the attack happened, all the crew of 30 Norwegian, 2 Canadian, 1 Spanish and 3 British Seamen survived the attack.
Official Number: 142282
Builder: Sir James Laing & Sons Ltd., Deptford Yard Sunderland
Launched: 4 July 1917
Pennant No: Y 7.167
Into Service: 14 January 1918
Out of service: 1918
Fate: 4 March 1941 scuttled